How To Get Involved
Individuals, families, businesses and organizations involved with Kids With Courage share their big hearts, their dollars, their valuable time, their essential skills and their helpful connections. Our volunteers are important assets who are essential for fulfilling our mission. Our supporters and volunteers care deeply about our incredibly brave children and young people and can proudly say that they have a unique opportunity to make a positive and direct impact in their lives.
Choose from the many opportunities
Individuals and Families:
- Join us at one of our fundraising events
- Make a direct contribution. Don’t forget to see if your employer does matching gifts. This could double your contribution.
- Make a contribution in honor of your Courage Champion or someone you know battling Type 1 diabetes.
- Plan your own fundraiser
- Donate items we need to fill our ‘Crates, Full of Courage and Brave Boxes
- Volunteer your time
- Shop at our Courage Shop
Businesses and Organizations:
- Partner with us
- Sponsor an event
- Direct contribution
- Board service
- Join us at one of our fundraisers
- Have your own fundraiser at your business
- For the Love of Lions campaign
- Provide in kind gifts of items and/or services we need
- Shop at our Courage Shop
- Donate. Monetary gifts can be made here, safely online, by Phone or Mail using the ‘Donation Form’ downloaded from this website.
- Special Occasions. A perfect way to honor special occasions, such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, holidays or promotions. Provide your special person with a beautiful gift – the knowledge that someone’s life has been enriched by a donation made in their honor. A card and certificate honoring your recipient, donated by you, from Kids With Courage will be sent.
- Memorial Donation. A gift of honor. What would be better at this difficult time. A card and certificate honoring your recipient, donated by you, will be sent from Kids With Courage.
- Monthly Donation. Join our exclusive, “Friends of Courage” Club. You will have great satisfaction knowing you are making a difference every month. You are among our most faithful, loyal, and compassionate friends. You will be kept informed about all the exciting news about Kids With Courage.
- Workplace Giving. Matching Gifts. Will your company match your gift? Some companies match their employees’ donations dollar-for-dollar, helping the Foundation to accomplish even more with your generous donations.
We’re always needing enthusiastic, new people to help us accomplish our goals. If you are interested in volunteering for Kids With Courage, please read the opportunities listed below; then contact us and let us know which opportunity you are interested in.
Hold A ‘Care Card’ Party
Children and young people with Type 1 diabetes need encouragement. For support, included in every ‘Crate, Full of Courage’ to newly diagnosed patients we send notes and cards of concern. (Feel Better,, Thinking of You, etc). Caring, meaningful cards and notes can be made by individuals, families, various groups—corporate, civic, school, faith-based, etc. Taking action in this simple and low cost way can have a huge impact directly in the lives of children and families at a most difficult time.
See amazing examples of Care Card Parties in action.
Plan An Event Or Host Your Own Fund-raiser
You may not realize this, but volunteering your time to help us puts you in an elite group of remarkable people. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, only about 28.8% of the population, age 16 or over, volunteers any of their time to helping others. Our hosts are extra special heroes to us, and we call them “Hosts With Heart” because they realize our foundation has limited human resources, and requires donations to exist and fulfill its mission.
Children's Fundraisers. Kids For Courage.
Be a Kids For Courage volunteer. It allows children and young people to be involved in helping other children and they learn about giving back. Having your child experience first hand doing for the benefit of others is fun for kids and parents enjoy a wonderful side effect of instilling a sense of giving. They do it all – organize, raise funds and manage their program with support from parent or teacher advisors. This hands on experience allows them to see first hand how they can impact the lives of others. An opportunity to have lots of fun, and enhance their own personal character development. As a Kid For Courage volunteer, you can partner with Kids With Courage and coordinate a fund-raiser at your school, church or within your group.
Named Scholarship Opportunities
Major donors are those who contribute profound gifts that have a magnitude of impact in the lives of our children and young people. Major donors realize that the future of our communities, and our country, lies in the hands of our children, America’s valuable treasures and most important assets, and all children should have the chance to grow up as healthy, productive and caring people. They have the desire and means to share their gift of wealth.
The Kids With Courage Foundation honors major donors with a legacy of a Named Scholarship. It is up to each donor to decide how they want to help the Kids With Courage Foundation accomplish its mission. Whichever type of donation you choose, you are bringing encouragement, hope, strength and joy into the lives of courageous children. The foundation recognizes several levels of annual and lifetime giving to the Kids With Courage Foundation.
For The Love Of Lions Campaign
We have been holding a very successful fundraising campaign during November to commemorate National Diabetes Awareness Month. We call the campaign, ‘For the Love of Lions’. We connect with retail businesses and they offer paper ‘lions’ to their patrons for a minimum donation of $1. The patrons can write their name on the lion and the lions would be displayed in the place of business. Needless to say, it is a huge success. Not only do patrons contribute very generous amounts, but they write names of people they know with Diabetes for whom they are donating in honor of. Seeing the lions displayed in these businesses is a welcome and cheerful sight for everyone. The more lions that are displayed, the more patrons want to get in on the action. Some businesses thoroughly enjoy the entire experience and have a contest among the employees to see who could solicit the most donations. The winner receives one of our special cuddly stuffed friends.
This campaign does not need to be limited to the month of November. It works at anytime.